Tuesday, November 06, 2012

First World Problems

So it's been a while and I suppose a few things have happened in the meantime.
Nathan is 4 and in preschool, Jacob is 7 and in Grade 2.
I still work at Interpipeline Fund..... maybe not that much has happened after all? 

I think I'm caught in doldrums of sorts. Brain not functioning like it should.

I go to work, I get home, I play with my kids, I spend time with my wife, I watch TV, I go to sleep, rinse and repeat.
Throw in a smattering of church, video games, date nights and Friday Night Magic (look it up) and there you have it.


Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm particularly unhappy, angry, or anything, it's just that I feel like I'm missing .... something.

I crave something, anything that could be construed as creative. I've always been able to better express myself with written words as opposed to verbal skills which for the most part elude me. I like to ruminate over the sentence before committing to the 'publish'. Not something that is easily done in realtime. The pauses are the nonverbal cue's that get me in trouble over imagined slights.

Every once in a while I come back to my blog, it makes for interesting reading. The passion that I felt during those moments was both dreadful, stressful and at the same time exhilarating.

It could simply be that I've reached the pinnacle of my life summit and should be content to enjoy the view.

Geez this sounds mediocre at best. Depressing at worst.

My 'other' First World problems :)
- The water that comes out of my tap is sometimes too Hot... then I have to adjust the Cold water in order to be comfortable.
- I ate frozen pizza last night when I really wanted fresh pizza.... or sushi... but I didn't feel like making anything or getting into my vehicle and driving somewhere.
- The autocorrect on my iphone 5 sometimes makes silly corrections
- My IT department at work asked me to stop streaming media at work so I had to turn on my radio instead or use the data plan on my iphone.
- The LTE coverage in Sherwood Park is spotty and sometimes I have to settle for 3G



No comments: