Monday, January 08, 2007

A Snails Pace

I didnt go down to Calgary on the weekend like I planned.

Instead I nursed a cold and moped around the house in SP. I did however play a lot of Guitar Hero and rocked out when I could, so the weekend wasnt an entire loss.

New Years Eve was kind of a bust this year so I never really got around to the whole resolution thing. I've thought about, but really the goals are the same whether it's New Years or not.

As always there is the health issue. I need to get back into shape. (hopefully a good shape) There are many shapes out there, the one I would prefer is about 60 pounds lighter than the shape I currently possess.

Mentally, I would like to procrastinate less. Even though I feel like I have to climb Mt Everest this year (it's really only more like K2) the only way to get there is one step at a time. There's a huge list of items with my name on it and every week I have to accomplish something. Of course thats not including having to deal with all the day to day and new issues that seem to appear out of nowhere.

My wifey sprang a pop quiz on energy on me and it turns out that 56% of my physical energy is being sucked out of me by various mentally stressful aspects of my environment, relationships, etc. That assumes of course that the source of the quiz knew what the hell they were talking about. That more than the New Year has prompted a surge of motivational feelings regarding my life the universe and everthing.

So with my remaining 44% I will slowly regain more of the other 56%.... hopefully.

Some of the areas of energy drain are hard though because they're out of my control. Annoying people that I come into regular contact with for example... sometimes they're just unavoidable. The energy drain comes from having to deal with them, even if dealing with them is making the choice to internalize their idiocy and not let it affect your mental/emotional state. Everything requires energy. Some people give, others take...

The point is: I will be happy with myself this year if I can show a continual progression. As slow as it may be.

No comments: