Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My lucky number

I took a break this Christmas. You cant really take a break from everything, but I took a break from some things.

Breaks:
I really only touched the computer if I had to. Therefore, no blog.
I only went to Calgary (for one day) once to work on the house.
Work of course.

The list of things I didnt get a break from is not important.

The holiday started off well enough, not working is generally a good thing. At least when you know that money is still coming in.

brief recap....
The inlaws came a little early and commandeered our room, but thats OK, cause they're old and not in the best of health. We couldnt really expect them to sleep on the double bed (or the couch). Unfortunately, my mother in law got sick the day they came and continued to be bedridden till the day they left. It really cast a pallor over the whole christmas thing. There was the gift opening and the dinner and it really was pretty good. I certainly have no complaints over either. I got some video games and ate a lot of junk food. The latter prompting the perennial 'I gotta get in shape this year... and I mean it this time!' resolution.

The boxing day sales did not dissapoint. I made the mad trip to the Tommy outlet and stocked up on some clothes.

Probably the coolest thing of the time period was the fact that I have a guy working on my house while im away. The feeling that things are being done in my absence is indescribable. Joy Oh Joy..... excuse me, Im a little verklempt.

Will the house be done in my absence? No, unfortunately, my sherpa is only there for another week and then he's off to his real job in the middle east. It dulls my festering rage though to know that the goal of shrugging this behemoth off my back will be that much closer. Other things may come my way this year (they always do) but this thing has 'stole my jam' for far too long. (enough sayings there?)

I'm actually looking forward to this weekend. I have to travel down to Calgary and see what has been done and settle up.

Now....
It's back to work and new year has dawned and there will be many many things we can gripe about this year. Lets hope we can find the humour in them.

No comments: