Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yea though I walk....

Devoid of emotion, I walk the walk of the damned. A curious shuffling gait interspersed with incoherent mumblings.
No longer do colors (the reds, the blues, the yellows.... the fuscias) fill my world. The vibrant hues that decorated my past have been washed out, changing the world from a rich summer into a cold dim mid-winter twilight.

The hollow echoes serve to amplify what would otherwise be silence. Once music played here.... happy music which filled the soul with hope and love. Now there is only the muffled sound of footsteps, pausing every so often, then continuing.... ever continuing.

The smells... oh the smells.... once my world was filled with the smell of freshly baked cookies. Now... I... smell........ oatmeal? As the tantalizing olfactory memories fade... were they real? Have I fabricated them?

My mouth salivates as I visualize how a nanaimo bar tastes..... tasted.... I did eat them once. Unless I've gone insane as well....

The dark chocolate topping melts and dances across my taste buds, the sugary yellow icing ignites a reaction that quickens my pulse and causes my nerves to shiver. The coconut fudge base provides a firm foundation which ties and binds the components into a perfectly formed union of all that is right and good in the universe.

The memory causes my eyes to moisten in remembrance....

Gone ..... gone are the joyous days of spring ....
.
.
.

Im on a diet.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the funniest thing that I have ever heard. I hope the diet works well for you! When you are back in town you guys definitely need to give us a call....