Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Universe is Expanding

... and yet my world is getting smaller everyday.

I thought that the more experience that I had in my field the more options that I would have in the work field. Not so, instead I have the feeling that I'm being 'funneled'... typecast perhaps. The more responsibilities that are piled on, the less options that I appear to have.

In my latest move, a few things were made clear.
One, I have a lot of 'stuff'. Probably too much stuff. I'm contemplating a garage sale to get rid of some of the stuff we've been packing around from place to place. Or maybe I should just chuck it. A friend who was helping made the comment that we hadnt moved enough if I was still hanging onto the back issues of 'Mens Health'.

I dont subscribe to that magazine anymore. Part of me gave that idea up a long time ago. There's a idiot inside though that still recognizes the value of the information contained in the pages and the mizer (packrat) part of me says hey maybe I'll need it again one day and I wouldnt want to be without it.

I hate taking steps backwards... to me it feels like I'm losing if I do. I've taken a few gambles in my life and for the most part have come out ahead. At the times that I've rolled the dice though I cant say that I had that much to lose. Now? It's a different story.

I find myself treading carefully here... a misstep and I'm not the only one who suffers.

I dont long for my single days, I had different problems then ... but I really like the song 'Consequence Free' by Great Big Sea.

No comments: