Thursday, October 26, 2006

Situational Delirium

I have to drive back to Calgary today to work on my house. I feel like Im in Purgatory. Not that Sherwood Park is heaven or hell, but my state of mind is such that I am in-between and the idea of Purgatory seems to fit. Im neither happy or sad and my condition is such that Im on autopilot and the days are slipping away and I try to reach that day where everything is ok (ha ha) and 'things will get back to normal'. But it never comes... chocolates just keep coming down the conveyor belt waiting to be boxed..

Take last weekend for example: I travelled to Cowtown planning to mud, prime, install bathroom vanities and wound up spending the weekend ripping out a bathtub and learning how to install a new one.

By no means am I implying that my condition is worse off than say 'Stinky Pete' who has to decide whether or not to replace the discarded pizza boxes and move up to the kenmore elite packaging this winter for that extra R rating (insulation joke), but still, I do believe that his net worth at this moment is probably simliar to mine and he gets the weekend off (and every other day come to think of it). On top of that he has the nerve to ask for MY spare change!

Now reading this blog for the first time you might think me cold for stereotyping Pete as the stinky homeless guy, or maybe you might be thinking Im insensitive for daring to joke about the 'habitatually impaired' in the first place, but it's my blog and the chances are that Pete wont be reading this in the first place (or anybody else cause it's so new). Plus, Pete is fictional and is by no means the nickname of one of my old high school teachers.

It could be that I feed off the misery of others, or maybe I take consolation in the fact that Im not the one out there day after day regretting the path and decisions that led me down the road that Im on. Oops did I say that? There but for the grace of God go I....

At the moment I feel more like a zombie........ who is renovating a house.......... in Calgary.

No comments: