Monday, November 20, 2006

Building ... Building ...

Back in Sherwood Park once again. This time the whole family is back up here.... Except The House, it broods... and plots... and is patient. It can wait, it has waited years.... it's moment of triumph will soon come, the day of feasting is at hand when the street will run RED with BLOOD! MU-AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !

I wonder if I can sell the movie rights or write a book about this whole ordeal. 'THE HOUSE!!' 'just when you thought it was safe to go back to Home Depot.....' coming soon to a theatre near you! The Amityville Horror movie doesnt have the same level of dread that I feel when the weekend approaches. I feel the change approaching and my outer exterior begins to morph... my skin changes... my hair stiffens .... I acquire a shuffling gait. I have become the most dreaded of all undead.... The Renovator!

Seriously though.... weekends suck.

One day I'll look back and laugh... I laugh right now, but it's a nervouse maniacal kind of laughter. My brother said I sounded 'on the edge'..... Fair enough.

I have my wife and son up here this week at least and thats a good thing. Playing video games and eating fast food after work just doesnt hold the appeal that it once did. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with them. It is the reason I took this position after all. The 5 minute commutes, no travelling... I think it will all be worth it in the end.

If not, I'll at least have built a lot of character.....

No comments: