Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Downtime

Once again I find myself coming off a weekend, this time a 4 day bender. If you think Im talking about drinking you havent read any of my previous posts.

I havent been able to publish for a bit, been too busy. I dont have very much leisure time on the weekends. It's only when I'm at 'work' do I have any computer time to spare.

My wife is still in Cowtown while Im back up in the frigid north. When I was driving last night I found myself 20km south of Leduc and suddenly the landscape turned to winter. Icy cold, snow drift covered roads, people in the ditch ..... the works! Why am I here again? Some might say 'To prepare to meet God' .... I figure if I stay up here, it'll probably be sooner than later.

The house is looking better, some say it's beautiful. I however see it for the harsh mistress that she is.... eating up all my money and time, always demanding more more MORE! We made a list of work still to do... it was 4 pages long! I feel pretty good about the things we've done though, and the simple fact that we are able to do them. I cant imagine how much it wouldve cost if we had to try and go through the contractors. SCARY. Anyways, enough about the house.

I think Im gonna start carrying a personal voice recorder. I find myself having thoughts throughout the day that I think are great but can never remember them later. Im sure I'll listen to them later and probably think 'what the hell was I thinking?' but at least it'll make for great comedy.

Speaking of comedy, 'The Office', in my mind, has become the funniest show EVER on TV. I know that's quite a statement, but even when I watch it by myself, I laugh out loud..... hard.... everytime. I think last night I may have even peed myself (just a little bit). I wont turn this into a TV show debate blog, but suffice it to say, if you work in an office (or historically did), or maybe you're just a little bit whacked like me, then The Office will hit the spot.

Well, enough daydreaming, I'd better get back to 'work'.

No comments: