Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mumblings

As I watched the little kiddies come and go last night, I couldnt help but think about how kids live for the free candy however as an adult, I can go and buy as much as I want. As great as that sounds if you said it to a child, it's kind of dissapointing as an adult.

It's the understanding of the consequences that is the problem.... sometimes I may not mind the consequences, but I understand them. Too much sugar and fat is unhealthy and the cost can be great. Kids think they are invulnerable. Having no real grasp of what is or isnt healthy, a kid will pretty much go for what he likes pure and simple.

I wonder what my body,teeth and overall health would be like if I'd shown a little more restraint earlier in my youth.

On another note, I dont have the desire for extreme sports anymore, I dont want to jeopardize myself. In addition, I fear for my son and wont want him to do these things either. I vaguely recall my parents telling me what to do but didnt pay it much mind at the time.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

I wonder if Im worrying too much and should just enjoy life. I can help feeling like the more that I know, the worse off I feel. On the other hand, I've learned a lot of great things. I have to take the good with the bad.

Nothing really got in my craw today, so these random thoughts will have to do. If anyone is reading let me know your thoughts.

No comments: