Monday, November 06, 2006

TGIM

I think it's amazing about the amount of stuff that goes into a house. At first glance, you look at a house and when it's empty of furniture, it looks pretty bare. Not so!! Every weekend I buy more and more stuff to put into my house. Im not talking about furniture, kitchen goods or what have you. I speak of the things of which a house are composed. Tile, paint, glue, nails, screws, caulk, carpet, vanities, corpeus amounts of wood, lights, fixtures, faucets, yada yada yada. The trips seem endless. I waste more time going back to the store (getting that missing part) than I do actually working on the house!

Did I mention the mudding? That magical stuff that fixs and hides and generally makes walls walls and a room look right. I think I've gotten pretty good at it. If you look pretty close you can tell where it is, but overall, things are looking up. Not that I dont have a whole crapload of things still to do (the bathrooms are taking forever!) but I think I've reached a point where things will start to go together from here. I wish I was in Calgary though during the week so I could work at night. This whole long distance relationship with my house is hard! Of course the relationship is doomed anyways as she has cost me so much Im going to have to sell her. ....

That brings up an interesting topic of conversation ? Wouldnt breakups be much easier to take if you could trade/sell your ex to the next person? Kinda like pro athletes. "Things arent working out honey... but I talked to Neil and he's got a 2 year relationship deal that isnt working out either. We've come to terms and I think you'll be very happy over there." If you could recover some of the financial implications of a relationship, you wouldnt feel so stupid afterwards. Hmmm.. that sounds suspiciously like divorce proceedings. Oh I know there's a lot of kinks that would have to be worked out in that system like trade deadlines and such, but Im sure if we put our greatest minds to the task they could work out a collective bargaining agreement....

PS. In the off-chance that my wife is reading this, I am in no way implying anything by the last paragraph. Chalk this up to Section 4 Paragraph 3 in the "Stupid Things that Guys Think Of" Book.

No comments: